If you wish to move from the court’s jurisdiction stated in your custody papers or the geographical area you had when you were last in court, O.R. C. Section 3019.051(G) requires that you must give notice of your intent to relocate to the non-custodial parent, and the court which issued the order.

You should do this before you relocate.  You must have a good reason to move and it is a good idea to talk to the non-custodial parent to see whether he or she agrees to move if you can void a contested hearing.

On receipt of the notice, the Court, on its own motion or on the motion of the non-custodial parent, may schedule a hearing with notice to both parents.  The court will determine if the move is in the child(ren’s) best interests, if not the court will not approve the move therefore you should never move until the court finalizes its decision.

You must give notice of all change of address to the Child Support Enforcement Agency whenever you move to a new address.